Whether you’re moving into a new home or just simply downsizing, selling your current house is at the top of the to-do list. It’s not as easy as you think, even in this white-hot housing market. There are plenty of fees associated with selling a property. In some cases, these fees add up to 10 percent of the home’s selling price. Kind of crazy, right? With that in mind, you should plan on paying at least some of these expenses. Keep reading as we go over some of the common costs.
- Realtor’s commission – Let’s say that your home sells for $250,000. If you worked with a real estate agent, you may be forking over as much as $15,000 in commission fees. It’s important to know that the commission fee is split between your agent and the buyer’s agent.
- Repairs – A few minor home repairs go a long way in terms of boosting appeal. Now is the time to add a fresh coat of paint to the bedroom, repair the staircase, or fix a leaky faucet. Of course, home repairs aren’t just limited to the interior. For example, is your backyard in desperate need of a makeover? Then that’s another expense to tack on before selling.
- Inspection repairs – It does you no good to focus on cosmetic repairs when the buyer’s home inspection comes back with major issues. Should this happen, the buyer now has the leverage. Rather than significantly drop your asking price, it’s probably best to resolve the inspection repairs.
- Staging – Buyers want to see what the house will look like with their items in it. They probably won’t be excited to find a place that’s completely vacant or packed with outdated possessions. Depending on your budget, you may want to hire a professional stager who can arrange furniture and accessories in a way that’s aesthetically pleasing. If you go this route, be prepared to spend about $700.
- Closing costs and other fees – In many instances, the buyer is financially responsible for the closing costs. Still, it’s not uncommon for closing costs to be handled by the seller. These costs include everything from homeowners association fees and property taxes to attorney fees and title insurance.
We Buy Houses for Cash
It can be overwhelming once you realize how much it costs to sell a house. What if there was a way to sell your house without being forced to jump through these hoops? At Palazzo Property Investing in Colorado Springs, we buy houses for cash! If you’ve been trying to figure out how to sell your house, hear us out for a moment.
We specialize in helping homeowners sell in a way that’s efficient and hassle-free. With Palazzo, there are no closing costs, commissions, or hidden fees that seem to pop out of nowhere when working with a realtor.
Don’t let the thought of selling your house keep you up at night. You can count on us to create a fair, all-cash offer to purchase your property and close on a date of your choice. Not to mention, our team actually treats you like a human being.
For years, we’ve been paying homeowners cash for houses. Are you interested in selling a house “as is?” Our realty professionals will exceed your expectations in that scenario as well.
Put extra cash in your pocket today. Contact Palazzo Property Investing.